Out and About - Details
The Marquess of Anglesey’s Column
The Anglesey Column
Out and About - Location
Click HERE to see full size map
The Marquess of Anglesey’s ColumnTop 10 Views!
Constructed in 1817 as a memorial to the 1st Marquess of Anglesey’s important role in the Battle of Waterloo, over the last 200+ years the Column has been a popular community space and tourist attraction.
Visitors and locals alike enjoy conquering its 115 steps to enjoy the panoramic views of North West Wales, including Snowdonia, Anglesey and the Llŷn Peninsula.
Unfortunately, the Column itself was closed to the public in 2012, when the internal staircase was deemed unsafe.
We are a group of local volunteers, chaired by the current Marquess of Anglesey, who are passionate about restoring the Column site to its full glory so that future generations can enjoy what this wonderful landmark has to offer.